Claresholm Pharmacy Travel Clinic
If you are travelling to countries outside of Canada and North America, you may be exposed to numerous diseases that can be harmful and even fatal to your health (eg Yellow Fever, Hepatitis, Malaria). It is important to take precautions and be aware of the different diseases that can be present in various parts of the world.
- We deal with travel related health issues such as vaccinations, pre-travel prescriptions, vaccination history review, travel supplies and provide you with expert advice on travelling to any region in the world.
- Our travel pharmacist is educated and is certified through the International Society of Travel Medicine
- Our travel pharmacist has extensive real life travel experience and knowledge ensuring you will receive the best advice for keeping you healthy on your travels.
- We also offer other vaccinations such as the shingles, HPV and Flu (see below)
- Our pharmacist can prescribe any additional medications required for travel
- We also coordinate with Alberta Health Services to record immunization records
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A/B
- Yellow Fever
- Garadsil- Human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV)
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Meningitis Bexero
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella-MMR
Exotic destinations (i.e. Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe or other 3rd World countries) consultation fees:One Person: $50
Each Additional Person: $25
For a family up to 5 people: $100
Common destinations (i.e. Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, North America, or others) consultation fees:One Person: $25
Each Additional Person: $10
For a family up to 5 people: $80
Injection Fees:One Person: $20
For a family of 4 or more: $10 each person
- Food and water precautions
- Behaviour and culture tips
- Health insurance is always important
- You can register your trip with Foreign Affairs. This let’s them know which citizens are out of the country, and they are able to communicate any travel advisories or offer assistance in the case of an emergency.
- Insect bite prevention
- There are some diseases transmitted through the bite of insects.
You can stop by our pharmacy or contact us at 403-625-3050, and we will provide you with initial information on how to seek our advice
You can also email our travel pharmacist Shannon Zemlak at email@example.com and she will set up a time to discuss your trip.
Please provide details of your trip (i.e. dates, destination, vaccination history, medical history) for consultation. Please answer the Pre-Travel Questionnaire.